TANUVAS 2020 recruitment notification has been released for Assistant Professor Vacancies; explore all details here and apply on/before 06-08-2020.
1. Name of the Post: Assistant Professor
2. Pay: Rs. 57,700/-
(i) ) A Master‘s degree in the concerned / relevant discipline with the minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed) from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
(ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC/ICAR/CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET: Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
a. The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode.
b. The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners.
c. An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted.
d. The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal.
e. The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
f. The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
(iii) The Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
(a) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)
(b) Times Higher Education (THE) or
(c) Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai)
Terms and Conditions
1. Candidates must be an Indian National.
2. Candidates who are abroad may apply with a draft / pay order for US $100 (US dollars One hundred only) towards the Registration fee for each post applied. Candidates who satisfy the conditions prescribed by the University should be prepared to appear before the Selection Committee for an Interview at their own cost.
3. Candidates should appear personally for interview on the appointed day without absenting themselves. Interview date and time will not be modified whatsoever the reason may be. There is no other means of interview other than personal appearance before the Committee. Mere receipt of interview call letter by the candidate will not confer any right on him of being considered or selected for the post concerned.
4. It will be open to the University not to fill up any of the posts now advertised. The University reserves the right to fill up more number of posts than the number of posts mentioned in the advertisement.
5. Any attempt by the candidate, either directly or indirectly to influence the Selection Committee or other authorities of the University will disqualify the candidate for the post(s) applied. All technical posts of equivalent pay scales are interchangeable, within the broad disciplines / departments, at the discretion of the University.
6. Candidates selected for the posts shall be liable for transfer to any other post in that category within the jurisdiction of the University. Selection of candidates already in employment will be subject to the employer’s agreement to relieve them.
7. Candidates willing to serve for a minimum period of three years in TANUVAS alone shall apply. Candidates requesting leave to complete their ongoing degree programme will not be considered immediately, since the recruitment is done for immediate need.
8. The age of retirement is sixty years.
How to Apply :
1. Persons who are already working in State or Central Government or any other organization should send their applications through proper channel / employer. TANUVAS is not responsible for any delay in receiving the applications through proper channel from the employer. Advance copies of the applications reaching “The Registrar, Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Madhavaram Milk Colony, Chennai-600 051”, within the prescribed time limit will only be entertained. However, in such cases the candidates called for interview must produce no objection certificate or original applications duly forwarded by the competent authority, failing which he / she will not be allowed to attend the interview.
2. Candidates may send copies of testimonials from persons intimately acquainted with his/her work and character and must also give name and address of three persons to whom references can be made. If he/she has been in employment he/she should either give his/her present or more recent employer or immediate superior as a referee or submit a recent testimonial from him/her. He/she should also submit self attested photo copy for proof of his/her date of birth from the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate besides self attested copies of his/her Degree / Diploma / Post Doctorate Certificates and Testimonials.
3. Degree / Diploma / Post Doctorate Certificates, testimonials and any other proof should be brought in original only at the time of interview. However, self attested photocopies should be enclosed along with the applications.
4. Candidates who apply for teaching posts in Faculty of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, for which B.V.Sc. / B.V.Sc. & A.H. is a mandatory qualification, should produce a valid registration certificate from State Veterinary Council / Veterinary Council of India in original at the time of interview. A self attested photocopy of the certificates should be enclosed along with the applications. Candidates not having a valid registration certificate from the above agencies will not be allowed to appear for interview and their applications will be rejected.
How to apply
- Which Organisation/ Department publish Assistant Professor vacancy notification?
publish vacancy notification.
- What is the job notification number for ?
The job notification number is .
- What is the age limit required for ?
The age limit for .
- What is the eligibility required for ?
The eligibility required for is .
- What are the Last Date for applying on ?
the Last Date for applying on is .
- How many vacancies are released for ?
The total vacancies are released for .
- What is the Official Website of ?
- How to get Job Document for ?
To get Job Document for click here.